I read a lot of great books in 2011! If you want to be successful in life you should model others who are successful. Successful people read books and so do I! I used to only read about business and technology, how BORING!
I didn’t realize how much I was missing! Now I look to books to inspire me to grow, personally, professionally and spiritually. These are…
- Jesus Calling- Sarah Young - A friend suggested this book a year ago. I told her I didn’t think I would like a book where the author presumed to write as if the message were from Jesus Himself. Boy was I wrong! I read this book every day to strengthen my relationship with God and to ground myself, appreciate what I have and live (with Him) in the present.
- The Shack – William Paul Young – Also recommended by a friend. This book inspired me to consider my relationship with God in another way than I have previously thought. It also led me to look at forgiveness (of myself) a bit closer.
- Outwitting the Devil – Napoleon Hill – This book was hidden and forbidden to be published by the author’s wife and family for over 70 years! It was feared too provocative for the times. It has gone nearly unnoticed so far but it was if Hill had written it for the current times. Brilliant book! The audio book is even better. Especially the interview with the Devil is both CREEPY and very entertaining as our hero forces him to spill his guts on how he controls over 90% of the worlds population with mind tricks! The book expounds on how the media and government and the religious and education system is doing the work of the devil to create drifters who are doing the devils bidding by never succeeding!
- Mind Capture: How to Awaken Your Entrepreneurial Genius in a Time of Great Economic Change – Tony Rubleski – My friend and marketing guru, Tony Rubleski’s third book on building mind capture to win more business. This time he shows us how to change the way we think about marketing and selling. Enlightening, must-have marketing book!
- The Traveler’s Gift – Andy Andrews – I was inspired to read this book after hearing an interview with the author. He seemed to be such a good story-teller I had to take a look. Plus I love history and was intrigued how had brought out the personality of historical characters, especially Abe Lincoln an Anne Frank!
- The Final Summit – Andy Andrews – What can I say? After reading Traveler’s Gift I wanted to hear more from the author. I was not at all disappointed; his characterizations of Winston Churchill, Joan of Arc and Abraham Lincoln were excellent.
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill – The masterpiece of the modern age of personal development. I make a point to read this book every few years.
- No BS Price Strategy – Dan S. Kennedy – every business owner, sales person and entrepreneur should get this book to see how to win in any economy by using price strategies that could help you create your very own category of one in any market.
- Social Boom - Jeffery Gitomer and Friends – Most business have a policy AGAINST using social media. But Gitomer points out you are crazy if you don’t have a BUSINESS Social Media Strategy! You could easily create a plan from this book. The top media he cites are Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn. Follow him on twitter to see him interact directly with his audience.
- 7 Principles to Live a Champion Life - John DiLemme - This gem of a book was inspiring to read. The biggest lesson I got from this book and put into action was to listen to inspirational, personal development material as often as possible to re-program eliminate all the negative messages we are bombarded with. I also learned to seek and solidify my WHY to build all my goals around them and to motivate me to achieve my real positional.
I’ve added a (non-affiliate) link to the Amazon.com page for your convenience. Go ahead and pickup one or two of them. You will not be dissappointed!
30 Day Blogging Challenge Related Posts
Many organizations and businesses want media coverage of their activities, accomplishments, products and services. At the same time many publishers are looking for local, national and international topics to cover. You can increase your chances of getting coverage from a news release (or press release) by following these tips.
Some people just want to complicate Internet Marketing. How about we make it simple? Here are 3 things I recommend you focus on to succeed in I.M.
In this article about helping local businesses market themselves on the internet, Kevin Brown describes the fundamental core consulting service that local businesses want (and the mistake they initially made …)
The way marketers communicate through their marketing materials may be frustrating their customers. Effective communication is critical to creating new customers and keeping the ones you already have. Consider these learning styles for effective communication.